In Minecraft, boats are easy to make and can be used to get around. Instead of swimming, which can take a long time, people can use boats, which are easier and faster. They are good options for long trips and fishing trips. Because they are easy to make, they have been a mainstay in Minecraft since 2010. They move at different speeds depending on which block they’re on, and players often use them to move mobs over long distances when leads aren’t an option, like when moving villagers. In this article we will see how to make a boat in Minecraft.
Items Required to make Boat in Minecraft
In Minecraft, you will need the following things to make a boat:
- Crafting table
- 5 wooden planks (of any kind)
Get your stuff together. You’ll need five Wood Planks made of any kind of wood. They don’t have to all come from the same tree. From one block of wood, you can make four Wood Planks. You can get Blocks of Wood by cutting down trees, finding them in NPC villages, or sometimes finding them in mineshafts.
Set up your Crafting table with the Wood Planks. Put the wood planks in the following order:
- Put three Wood Planks in the bottom three Crafting grid slots.
- Put one Wood Plank on top of the bottom-left Plank, one space up.
- Put the last Wood Plank one slot above the Plank in the bottom right corner.
- The rest of the slots should be left empty.
Make a boat. You can put the Boat in your inventory right away by dragging it to one of the lower slots or clicking on it while holding Shift.
How to Place Boat in water in Minecraft?
- Put your boat where the water is. Find a calm spot on the water, choose your Boat from your inventory, and then right-click on the water. Your boat will go somewhere. If you put it in a current, it will start to go with the flow.
You can also right-click to put a boat on land. On land, it can be controlled, but it will move very slowly. They also sink into the ground, so you may need to break a block next to it to get out.
The boat can be put on lava, but if you try to get in it, it will break.
- Get on a ship. To get into the boat, right-click on it. You can do it from any direction, even if you dive under it. To get out of the boat, press the left Shift key.
- Steer the ship. When you hold the W button, the boat will go in whatever direction your cursor is pointing. When you press the Back S key, the boat quickly goes in the other direction. 
Boats are very weak and can easily break when they crash.
Before you get close to an island, slow down so they don’t crash. Whenever a boat crashes, it will drop three Wood Planks and two Sticks. If an attack (like a skeleton shooting it) destroys the boat, it will drop a Boat.