Glow Squid in Minecraft is a one-of-a-kind mob. They resemble typical squids in appearance. They glow and drop various goodies. Glow squids are far more recent than conventional squids, having been added with the Minecraft 1.17 Caves & Cliffs update.
Features of Glow Squids
- Glow squids are frequently described as a passive mob that does nothing but swim around the ocean. They may glow, but they do not emit light. Glow Squids aren’t particularly nasty to players provided they stay out of their way. They are considered passive mobs who will attack you if they are injured.
- Glow squids have the power to glow but do not produce light. They drop the same pleasant goods as other passive mobs in the game.
- Glow squids are found in dark underwater environments, mostly in deep underwater cave systems, unlike conventional squids. They are also distinguished by their aqua luminous color and texture.
- Glow squids make a distinct, pearly sound as they move around and produce crystalline particles as they swim.
- Glow squids, like regular squids, move aimlessly in the water and go in three directions. They can suffocate to death if forced out of the water, and they only have 15 seconds or 300 in-game ticks to live after breaking the surface.
- Glow squids stop glowing for five seconds or 100 in-game ticks when assaulted. They can also be assaulted by guardians or older guardians in the same way that the two attack players.
Where do Glow Squid Spawn in Minecraft?
In Minecraft 1.17, the spawning site for Glow Squids was deep water below sea level (Y63). Glow Squids’ spawn position has been altered in Minecraft 1.18. They will no longer breed beneath the water level (Y30). Aside from that, their biome hasn’t changed. They are typically found in classes of two to four students.
They appear to be glowing, yet they have no effect on the light levels in the surrounding region because they do not emit light. If glow squids and axolotls spawn in the same region, the latter has an advantage in fighting because axolotls can attack glow squids but not vice versa. In addition, the baby versions of glow squids have a 5% chance of spawning and are only available in Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
What does Glow Squid Drop in Minecraft?
Glow squids, like other animals in Minecraft, will drop an item when killed. This mob can drop up to 3 glow ink sacs for players.
If a player kills them with the Looting enchantment, the maximum number of glow ink sac drops increases from three to six. One to three experience points are deducted for killing one glow squid.