Steve is the primary character in the popular sandbox game Minecraft. Despite being one of the most iconic characters in video game culture, nothing is known about him. He is one of two selectable characters, the other being Alex.
Steve is the primary character in Minecraft when you play as a guy. He wears a light blue shirt with blue trousers, has a deeper complexion than Alex, has light blue eyes, and has dark brown hair. Steve’s behavior matches the intentions of the player who controls him, so he can walk, sprint, sneak, jump, and attack as the player sees fit.
Alex, the player character’s female counterpart, was added around February 2015. It took about six years for Minecraft to incorporate a female player character. Both of these figures were designed to be general portrayals of people. Steve is a “classic” skin type, while Alex is a “thin” skin shape.
Steve and Alex are reportedly dating, according to Lego Club Magazine. He enjoys mining, construction, and alchemy. Alex enjoys creating as well but prefers traveling and hunting. Perhaps it was their shared interest in construction that drew them together.
Features of Steve
- Steve stands around six feet tall and has superhuman strength and the speed of an athlete. He runs at 20.2km/h, walks at 15.5km/h, and sneaks at 4.7km/h. Usain Bolt is faster at 44.72km/h, but Steve can maintain his insane pace for an extended period of time. Try running at that speed for a few minutes. It’s not easy.
- Steve has ten hearts of health and ten hunger points. Each heart and chicken leg is worth two points for its respective bar, thus Steve has a total of 20 health points and 20 hunger points. If Steve has more than 18 points of hunger, his health will slowly regenerate by half a heart. When Steve engages in energy-intensive activities like as sprinting, mining, and assaulting mobs, his hunger will be depleted.
- Steve’s natural movement is walking. He has the ability to walk up to 4.3 blocks in a second. Steve may also sprint to enhance his movement speed, reaching 5.6 blocks per second. Steve can jump up to four blocks horizontally while sprinting. He cannot sprint if he has less than three full hunger points.
- Steve can also sneak, allowing him to avoid falling more than half a block. His walking pace will be reduced by 70% if he sneaks. Sneaking will also grey out your name in online games, making it easier to sneak around.
- Steve can also vertically jump around 1.2 blocks. In addition, he can swim by pushing the forward button when in the water.
You can Play Steve in Other Games as well!
Notch joked that the player character model looks like Steve. The name has now stayed, and the player model we currently know as the primary character in Minecraft is called Steve. Even in Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate, he is referred to as Steve. So the term began unofficially but has subsequently been formally adopted.
Steve has also appeared in several renowned video game series. He appears in Borderlands 2. Steve’s head is unlocked in Hybrid for those who have reached Paladin level 20.
Steve is an unlockable character in Retro City Rampage. Unlocking him will also grant access to “Big Head” mode.
Steve and his female counterpart Alex debut as playable characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as part of the DLC Pack 2.